My name is Livia and I’m a Lively Top addict.
I just can’t stop making them…
I made another hacked version and this one might just take the cake! It turned out even better than I had anticipated and I’m over the moon about it!
The modifications I made were:
- Raised the neckline 3 1/2″;
- Used the body of the Posh top as a guide to bring the bodice down to a regular shirt length;
- Measured and cut a line for color blocking on both the front and back bodice. The front is a bit convex and the back slightly concave (almost straight), and added seam allowance to each piece;
- Added a neckband instead of lining the bodice;
- Shortened the upper sleeve;
- Adjusted the bottom sleeve to remove the top gathers while keeping the length;
- Made up the sleeve length difference with a long cuff.
Those sleeves remind me of the gorgeous Victorian dresses of the period series I like to watch! I feel so pretty and dramatic in this top :D!
Fabrics I used were:
Trying to photograph the sleeves while making them justice was a bit challenging… so I hope you enjoy some awkward-out-of-my-comfort-zone shots! haha
I still have so many ideas for this pattern!
I just have to find the time to make them all… Unfortunately, kids must be fed and provided with clean clothes and all that jazz. 😛
*this post contains affiliate links