I was so excited when I learned the theme of this Blog Tour: Double Duty!
Sew a Rebecca Page pattern as intended and then sew another one with a twist!
You might’ve noticed that I love me some pattern hacking, so this is exactly my cup of tea.
I decided to go with a pattern that is an absolute staple in my closet, the Pippa Pants. They’re super fast to make, the fit is spot on and are so easy to dress up or down, I just love love love them!
My twist to the pattern: Pippa Overalls!
No words to express how much I adore how this turned out! <3<3<3
For the front panel, I cut 2 rectangles of 12×14 inches.
The width of the straps was eyeballed from the scraps I had left from cutting the pants, made them long and cut to size after measuring it on myself.
Now, here’s where I tell you that there’s a surprise in this hack! 😉
I sort of cheated on the challenge and didn’t make 2 pieces…
I made one Pippa and made the bib part DETACHABLE! 😀
I added sew in snaps on the front and velcro on the back straps.
I call this a true Double Duty!!! lol
(it also makes bathroom trips way easier) 😉
I chose snaps for the front because it’s easier than dealing with velcro on a knit size M waistband that need to go over my xxl bum, and a velcro strip for the back because it’s easier and fast to attach without being able to see what I’m doing. 😉
If you plan on giving this a go, just make sure that you place the flat half of the snaps on the pants, as well as the soft half of the velcro. Otherwise, it will be one uncomfortable pant to wear! 😛
This is a simple hack, but probably the coolest thing I’ve made so far… I freaking LOVE it!
My kids got a big kick out of it and think mom is super clever now haha!
I tried making a video to show it in action, but my camera is being stubborn and I can’t upload it at the moment. I’m working on it and will post it asap.
Oh, I forgot to mention that my Pippa options were: full length, flat waistband, and regular legs.
This has been one amazing blog tour, hasn’t it?
Have you seen all the amazing creative talent these ladies have? I’m always blown away by it!
If you haven’t yet, make sure to check them out 😉
More InspirationPlease visit all the stops on the Rebecca Page Double Duty Blog Tour for more great inspiration:
- Monday, February 25: Rebecca Page (Intro), Sarcastic Sewist, Sewjourns
- Tuesday, February 26: Stitched by Jennie
- Wednesday, February 27: SimplyKyra
- Thursday, February 28: bigflynotions
- Friday, March 1: Patchwitch
- Saturday, March 2: twofiveohnine, Soul Fed on Thread, Sequoialynn Sews
- Sunday, March 3: Livality, Mama Sew Vintage
PrizesWe will be giving away 7 one-month subscriptions. Each one-month subscription prize contains:
- Ladies XXS to 5XL Strappy Cami pattern
- Bonus Ladies XXS to 5XL Comfy Cowl pattern
- 1 pattern credit to use for a pattern of choice during the month of subscription
- A further 20% discount on any other patterns (including those already on sale) during the month of subscription
*this post contains affiliate links